CANADA’S FIRST AND ONLY TRUE NATIONAL FOODSERVICE FOCUSED SALES AND MARKETING AGENCY
• Technology driven,
• Partnered with industry leading clients
• Strategically aligned with core distributors
• Engaged with Key Business Operators
We offer complete in house national services to our business partners.
Customized ordering software (COSLink)
Cloud shared drives (CloudLink)
Client Work Withs
Trade Show Management
Sales & Marketing Insights Analysis
National Tender Management
Business Planning Sessions
National Administrative Services
- 1928Founded by James Lloyd Freeman 90 years ago, the company saw opportunity in providing consumers with brand choices that were not available at the time. Brands such as SOS scrubbing pads, Kellogg’s cereals and Carnation Milk were identified and made available to the general public.
- 1962In 1962 the company was bought by Rolland St Charles and continued to flourish, turning its attention to specialize in the food brokerage business and ultimately becoming a major player in the industry.
- 1994In 1994 the acquisition of Clouston ( TCA ) was completed resulting in significant growth and positioned the company as a leader in the foodservice sector. A group of senior executives assumed ownership in 1998 during which time massive consolidation was taking place across North America.
- 2001In 2001 Serge Labrecque acquired the company outright. The decision was then made to divest of its retail and drug division and focus solely on foodservice…the company’s core strength.
- 2010In March of 2010 the company purchased the foodservice assets of Acosta Canada. In doing so it becomes the singular national selling solution in the country under one ownership and with offices and personnel in every market coast to coast.
- 2010October 12, 2010 the company announced its new corporate identity and image and is renamed Freeman Signature.
- 2011Freeman Signature amalgamates all information under one selling platform. National Administrative Team.
- 2012In December of 2012, Freeman Signature announces its continued expansion as it is merging with Alimentation Impact in Quebec.
- 2014Freeman Signature welcomes a second generation of shareholders with the arrival of Anaïs Labrecque.
- 2015Dedicated Healthcare Specialists & Tender Team.
- 2016National Culinary team / 3 National Red Seal Chefs & National Culinary Innovation Specialist
- 2018National Marketing Trade Manager – Regional and National Multi-Unit Focus
Canada’s first and only true national foodservice focused sales and marketing agency.